Friday, June 22nd, 2012
Radiocarbon dating laboratory Beta Analytic Inc. is joining the 22nd V.M. Goldschmidt Conference “Earth in Evolution” as an exhibitor. The conference will be held at Palais des congrès in Montréal, Canada, from June 24 to June 29, 2012. Beta Analytic’s exhibit can be found at Booth 217 with Operations Manager Florencia Goren taking charge of all inquiries.
“Radiocarbon dating is a significant tool for many geoscientists. I am looking forward to learn how our company can further assist researchers in their studies. Over the past few months, we’ve enhanced our services for our clients’ benefit. We’ve significantly cut the turnaround time of our AMS dating standard service from 25 business days to 14 business days. We’ve also added more features to the clients’ online results archive. They can now download quality assurance reports and view photos of the samples they’ve submitted during different stages of the analyses,” Ms. Goren describes.
Aside from the scientific program, there will also be plenary sessions, field trips, workshops, award programs, and other social events. The scientific program has 23 themes. There are five plenary sessions scheduled on various dates:
– European Association of Geochemistry (EAG) Presidential Address by EAG President Dr. Bernard Bourdon of the Laboratoire de Géologie de Lyon
– 2012 GAST Lecture by Dr. Rosalyn Rickaby from Oxford University’s Department of Earth Sciences
– Shale Gas Forum facilitated by Dr. Robert Howarth from Cornell University’s Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and Dr. Terry Engelder from Pennsylvania State University’s Department of Geosciences
– Lecture on Mass Extinction in Toxic Oceans by Dr. Lee Kump from Pennsylvania State University’s Department of Geosciences
– Resources Forum facilitated by Dr. Lawrence Cathles from Cornell University’s Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences and Dr. Patrice Christmann of BRGM-Direction de la Statégie
Goldschmidt 2012 is hosted by GEOTOP research center, The Geochemical Society, The European Association of Geochemistry, and L’Université du Québec à Montréal.
ISO/IEC 17025:2005-accredited Beta Analytic is a dedicated radiocarbon dating laboratory based in Miami, Florida. All analyses are performed in-house by dedicated professional scientists. Its multiple laboratories in Miami ensure redundancy and dependable delivery. The company is respected worldwide for accuracy, quality, and customer care. Beta Analytic has sample forwarding facilities in London, UK; Sydney, Australia; São Paulo, Brazil; Beijing and Xiamen, China; New Delhi, India; and Nagoya, Japan.
|Contact us for prices
|Submit Data Sheet Online
|See Shipment Guidelines
Carbon 14 Dating Service
Would you like us to track your package?
Are you filling out the online form?
Read about sample material return>
Beta Analytic Other Services
- d13C and d15N
- d18O for carbonates
- d2H and d18O for water